Seeking Fashion- Asia Style!
Look East for your fashion inspiration. Go ahead, and add to that ever-growing wardrobe of yours with trends inspired by people, places and favorite little things along the way. Come and travel with us across these Asian countries: wherever you choose to go, there’s inspiration everywhere.
Photo credits: TheMalaysianInsider,abinesh.com, Kosmo
Malaysia: A Splash of Colour! Malaysia’s melting pot of cultures can be seen reflected in the various parades and celebrations throughout the country. Here are four popular festivals: Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Chinese New Year, Deepavali and Gawai. These celebrations amongst the various races and traditional styles, prove that we Malaysian’s are certainly a colourful bunch!
Mix and match these colourful separates for this inspired look!
1. Boundary & Co -Lindsey Top | 2. Multi-coloured Bangle – see similar styles here.
3. December No. 5 – Colour Bag | 4. Shoes Shoes Shoes -Fabric Printed Wedge Sandals
5. Juli LA – Duo Colour Caftan Style Top
Photo credits: Aerix Siah
Singapore: Urban Jungle. Singapore may be a small hidden gem in South East Asia, but it’s not to be missed. The new Marina Bay offers eye-catching views and who can forget the shopping central on Orchard Road? Spot those city slickers on the streets and amongst those fascinating skyscrapers, brick walls and buildings.
Here’s some stylish picks for the city slicker:
1. The Square Root of Z- Fedora Hat | 2. Creme & Co – Tailored Noir Blocks Blazer
3. Club Mod – Garcia Mod Satchel | 4. Jane Holli – J Scot Ankle Bootie
5. Love by Z – Coloured Denim | 6. Coloured cardigans- See more styles here.
Photo credits: Michael Brewer, Bali Travel Tips, Worldin1001View
Indonesia: Mystical prints. Beautiful Balinese paintings present stories of folklore and legends from the mystical land of Bali. From the beautiful terraced paddy fields, to the rituals and temples of the Balinese people, get inspired by the natural colours and shapes seen.
Try these styles:
1. Creme & Co – Vert Bleu Shift Dress | 2. LENA Jewellery- Onyx/Swarovski Earrings
3. Quirky Brown Cow, Rain Dog Shorts | 4. LENA Jewellery- Green/White wood Bracelet
5. The Square Root of Z- College Studded Thin-Wristband | 6. BC – Brown sandals
Photo credits: Destination360.com, 123rf Photo.
Thailand: Gilded Kingdom. Try on these delicate embellishments that mirror the countless golden, gilded temples which pepper the land of Thailand. Each temple has its own unique qualities, portraying a mixture of architectural beauty from the staggering stupors, to the embellished statues that decorate these magnificent temples.
Adorn yourself with these pretty picks:
1. Bijoux By Z- Aztec Collar Necklace | 2. Hullaballu- Chunky Necklace
3. Bijoux By Z- Bejewelled Mini Bracelet | 4. Multi-coloured bracelet
5. Alchemista -5.50 carat Lapis Lazuli cabochons | 6. Shinju – Faux Pearl Earrings
Continue reading about more looks in Seeking Fashion – Asia Style! Part 2.